Sunday, July 27, 2008

Please don’t say Mañana if you don’t mean it.

Hello, my name is Not Jackson, and I am a procrastinator.

[hi, Not Jackson!]

Friends, Romans, countrymen -- lend me your ears. I put shit off. I mean, everything. If I can do it tomorrow instead of today, I will. Hey, can I call you back next week? Would you mind giving me an extension on the discovery responses? Could you tell McGillicuddy that I'll call her back later?

It is my cross to bear. Why do I do it? Because, sadly, sometimes if you put stuff off, Fortuna intervenes, and you don't have to do the thing at all. Unfortunately, one falls into that habit easily, and boom. One finds oneself updating one's blog instead of doing something productive. Uh, not like now, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I won't prepare those trial exhibits just yet... They'll settle this thing. They're as lazy as I am."

Is there a more prevalent approach in the field?