Monday, December 28, 2009

You can go sleep at home tonight if you can get up and walk away.

Query: What does one do when one receives a text message from a phone number that looks vaguely familiar, yet one has no idea who the sender is?

Yesterday I received a slightly mocking text (regarding the football team I root for) from a Mysterious Person With A Vaguely Familiar Number. This is the second such text I've received from this dude/ette this season. I replied to the first one, saying something like "that's not a very nice thing to say," hoping that the response would give me some sort of clue to the sender's identity. Instead, s/he just said "it was a very appropriate thing to say."

What to do? Send a "who the fuck are you?" response (too bad I couldn't send a clip of Roger singing it)? Ignore it? Send a subpoena to Verizon?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd think it's worth typing the number into some search engines and/or reverse look-up directories. I also don't think there's anything wrong with asking who is writing. It could possibly be spam too. I had some African scammers try to text and call my cell a few years ago. -Sparklehorse

10 lbs of awesome in a 5 lb bag said...

Freeality is your friend.