Wednesday, December 23, 2009

One is silver, and the other gold.

Just a little note from Jackson -- I've added a few new blogs to the list. In no particular order ....

Emily Magazine and Things That I Ate That I Loved -- both from Gawker alumna Emily Gould, allegedly the poster girl for Internet TMI and navel gazing. Whatever. I like her writing, and her Cooking the Books videos from the Awl amuse me.

Rachel Kramer Bussel -- another blogger/writer/whatever I found via the Gawker comments. Sometimes NSFW (she's a former sex columnist for the Village Voice, after all).

Nerissa (mostly) and Katryna Nields -- chicks with guitars. Check them out here (track number 10, "Fountain of Youth," is one of my favorites).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me to add Emily Gould's food blog to my google reader list. Also, there is now officially no reason for me ever to write a food blog because she does what I would aspire to do, better than I ever could. -Sparklehorse

Not Jackson said...

Perish the thought! Heck, I mean, there's only 26 letters in the alphabet, so we're all derivative.

Plus, I like to read your posts on the food board in the Imaginary Playground, and I don't even cook.