Thursday, December 4, 2008

You said you'd stand by me, in the middle of Chapter Three.

Apparently I now have two Great American Novels in my head. The Muse paid me a visit the other night and I now have a second fully formed opus floating around. Now, if I could just get it on paper (as Jimmy Buffett sang), I will be rich and famous. Right?

Anyhoo, I did get the beginning done, and here it is. Please give me your thoughts/comments/suggestions/rotten tomatoes/etc. If you prefer not to hurt my feelings in public, email me. I'll probably delete it after a few days, so if you come by next week and only see a blank post, and are interested in reading it, let me know.

Enjoy. Or, uh, whatever.

EDITED/UPDATED 12/15/08: And the snippet is down. Thanks to the New Diarist for his kind words in the comments and to those who responded via email. If you missed it, and really want to read it, shoot me an email

2 comments:

Sous Chef said...

It's good start, NJ. You are doing nicely with the dialogue, which is the hardest part (for me, at least). If I were you, I'd keep working it.

Not Jackson said...

Thanks -- I appreciate it. I will keep tinkering and (assuming I actually put more on paper) will probably keep posting bits of it here.