Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I was once lost, but now am found.

Hello.

So, it’s been a while. Longer than I had realized, in fact. One of my imaginary friends made a comment in passing about not seeing any new posts in some time, and when I checked, I was shocked to see how long it has been.

Anyway, spring has been a series of days in trial for me. Not that I haven’t had plenty of days where I just sit around the office Googling for information about “When Things Were Rotten” while the “Acoustic Estrogen” channel is playing on Pandora.com, but still.

I’ve also been writing a little bit, and maybe will post some more of The Other Great American Novel here for your amusement.

In other news, most of you probably already know this, but Alex Balk and Choire Sicha have started a new website – The Awl. If you aren’t familiar with these guys and their cast of talented friends and amusing commenters, go visit there now – we can wait for you.

Since we last spoke, I have continued my usual mildly manic-depressive mental health cycle, alternating between degrees of Angst-y Funk and Semi-Smug Satisfaction. The last couple of days have more on the funk side of the scale, but nothing too horrible. (Not that I ever really get too horrible, but you know what I mean.) I have, however, been pretty good about hitting the gym regularly for a little 30 minute cardio workout in the last two months, so (along with achieving total consciousness on my death bed) I got that going for me.

No comments: