Monday, May 12, 2008

Hanging around, nothing to do but frown.

So, my Monday is almost over, and I am in a funk.

Why, you ask? Well, I have a case that I lack enthusiasm for that I am trying to get settled. I made no progress in making said settlement, and trial is rapidly approaching. It's set for mediation next week in a far away land, which should cheer me up, but actually depresses me for a variety of reasons.

In an effort to distract myself, as soon as I return to Not Manor, I am going to jump into a Manhattan and continue reading the truly delightful essays in the Sloane Crosley book I mentioned the other day.

But the funk, I fear, will be waiting for me when the booze and the glow of someone else's amusing life wear off.

(Happy! Surely, my dear boy, the case will settle, the pre-bills will become bills which will become fee receipts which will become new pencils, and all will be right in the world. The glass is half full!)

1 comment:

BoldnBrazen said...

Funks seem to be going around. There should be a vaccine, dammit.