Thursday, April 24, 2008

Kissing Jessica Stein

Well, I have not exactly been keeping up with the blogging. I am sure that my one commenter, who apparently no longer exists on Blogger, has been quite disappointed in the lack of posts.

Anyway, Kissing Jessica Stein.

I watched most of it last night after seeing the Mets give up a bunch of runs. I have seen it a couple of times, and I really like it.

Why? Well, I find Jennifer Westfeldt, who plays Jessica and who co-wrote the movie with Heather Juergensen, who plays the person who actually, for much of the movie, is kissing Jessica Stein, to be utterly endearing in it. Her voice (and her verbal mannerisms, too, sorta) reminds me of Dar Williams. Maybe that is part of it. Anyway, there is something about seeing an intelligent, somewhat neurotic but self-aware about the somewhat neurotic part, witty, well-read woman that is just so damn appealing.

No comments: