Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Degree of difficulty

Apologies to my loyal readers -- both of you (hi, Mom!) -- for not posting regularly. Busy, life, work, yada yada yada.

Yeah, whatever.

Anyway, degree of difficulty -- why is it, Universe, that I seem unable to go though life without adding obstacles to my own path? Why do, as it were, battle the demons with one hand tied behind my back? Would it be too easy otherwise?

Frankly (aside -- as a lawyer, when I have a client say "well, to be frank, Jackson . . ." or "to be honest, Jackson . . ." -- the little siren in my head (it sounds like the ones on the police or Gestapo cars in old WWII B&W movies -- you know, "WAH-wah, WAH-wah") (like the internal parenthetical? Yeah, me neither.) starts blaring, and "LI-ar, LI-ar" is what I hear.)

I think that my mind gets bored too easily with things. And therefore just creates fucking problems where none should exist. I avoid returning an adversary's call, annoying her, forcing me to dance a little in our next call to appease her. You know the drill.

So, what's the solution? It's not like I don't even tell myself what is going on as it is going on. And the law game, unlike gymnastics, doesn't award points for degree of difficulty.

No comments: